I have not assigned any homework this weekend. Students have just finished a number of big projects and we are just starting our new ones. I will be encouraging students to practice their math for our up coming unit test on decimals next Friday.
I did not send home the blue folders either. We will not have any homework on Monday, as it is Halloween. We will be back to our regular routines on Tuesday.
Socials Project is due tomorrow! This is the Mesopotamia project.Vocabulary -Current Events - A local problem. This week students will be looking for a news story that is local to our community. Our class is looking for a problem or an issue of concern. 5 Ws (Who, What, When, Where, Why)
Decimal Quiz - October 20Lab Book - Final Due Date is moved to Monday. Those not finished will be in at lunch to finish. Vocabulary Quiz - Corp Words. Worksheet for three of the words is due Thursday.Mesopotamia Project is due Tuesday
1. Eagle Bay deposit are now due. This deposit is $40 and secures your spot.
2. No School Friday
3. Valleyview Basketball Camp Nov. 5 - $15 and the form went home today.
Decimal Quiz Thursday (multiply, divide, add, subtract)Nervous System Lab Book project is due Thursday.Mesopotamia Project is Due Tuesday, October 25.Vocabulary - Corp words are Thursday.
1. Grade 7s - Eagle Bay deposit of $40.00
2. No School Friday
Vocabulary - Corp Words, meaning body.Math Quiz on Decimals - ThursdayScience Projects - Lap Book is due ThursdayMesopotamia Project is due next Tuesday.
Other: No School on FridayEagle Bay deposit for grade 7s ($40)
1. Weekly Review #4
2. New Vocabulary - We are working on the Latin Root "Acu" meaning smart.
3. Math 3.3/3.4
4. Paragraph 4 - Human paragraph
5. Science Project- Nervous System Lap book. Handout given to students
1. Pictures are due Tuesday
2. Gr.7 Hoody Order form is due Tuesday
3. Parent Teacher Interviews - October 12 and 13.
Super Student this week was Christopher with an honorable mention going to Zachery! Winning Table this week was Table 3!
Students sporting our Brains!
Mrs. Ross was in this week to help with our new student websites! Each student will keep a personal website with their work this term. We will have a showcase evening at the end of the term!
1. Math 3.2 / Unit Test / Math Journal is Due Friday for assessment
2. Home Reading - Students will find a hook that they found interesting in their reading this week.
3. Shark Paragraph is due Friday
4. Current Events is Due Thursday
5. Vocabulary Quiz is Friday
We are currently working on a Science project and a project for Mesopotamia. These are not homework but are apart of our new project based learning assignment.
1. Parent Teacher interviews next week. Make sure you sign up for a time. When parents come, I would like them to bring their child's blue weekly folder, their self assessment for effort, and their intern report. These forms will be available Monday.